Today I want to chat about postpartum exercise and more specifically what you should not be doing. Obstetrician and Gynaecologist (OBYGN) Dr Ini Thevathasan requested an interview with me to help share some insight for her patients into the Top 5 Don’ts of Postpartum Exercise.
I want to share with you my Top 5 Don’ts of Postpartum Exercise as I chat to Obstetrician Dr Ini Thevathasan.
5 Don’ts for Postpartum Exercise
- Don’t progress too quickly.
- Don’t feel like you’ve failed – set smaller goals for yourself.
- Forget you are healing and lack of sleep isn’t helping either.
- Don’t compare yourself to anyone (it’s not a linear progression).
- Don’t do nothing for the first 6 weeks and then go for a run if you like running.
Top 5 Don’ts of Postpartum Exercise
Video duration: 6 minutes 54 seconds