Excuses to Losing Weight Post Pregnancy
One of the greatest barriers to losing weight is making excuses and not being honest with yourself.
Losing weight is not easy especially if you are constantly finding excuses why you endlessly fail.
You need to attain a ‘healthy mindset‘ towards weight loss that includes acknowledging the excuses you constantly make and then to positively address each one so that they are no longer a barrier to you losing weight.
Losing weight is so much more than just eating better and exercising.
Why Are You Making Excuses?
- You don’t know how to lose weight.
- Making excuses is easy for you.
- You have your priorities wrong.
- You are too busy.
- You cannot afford a personal trainer.
- You cannot afford fitness equipment.
- You don’t have time due to work and family commitments.
- You always make excuse about the weather – It’s too hot, too cold.
- You find exercise boring.
- You play the role of a victim of circumstance.
- You live in a state of denial.
- You can’t afford to eat healthy.
- You believe you cannot lose weight because you’re hormonal.
- You believe you are too out of shape to start.
- You are too busy taking care of the kids.
- You are just too unhappy and upset.
- You have too many other priorities.
- You have limited time available each day.
- You don’t know how to start losing weight.
- You don’t know anything about nutrition.
- You believe you are too old to start.
- You are afraid to fail.
- You just hate exercise.
- You are not a motivated person.
- You believe you can always start tomorrow or next week.
- You feel that nobody wants to help you.
- You lack the required commitment to lose weight.
- You can always find more enjoyable things to do.
- You convince yourself that being overweight is not that bad.
- You have a negative attitude so sticking to a weight loss plan is not for you.
- Now try and reduce or eliminate unnecessary or unimportant tasks.
- Devote time at the start of the day by getting up 30 minutes earlier.
- Our PregActive workouts range from 5 – 30 minutes so you do not need to for hours.
- Acknowledge the importance of prioritising your health.
- Improve your time management skills.
- Simplify your life as you may be taking on too much.
- I’m Too Old!
- You are never too old to exercise and get in shape!
- Maintain quality of life by staying fit and healthy.
- Exercising can help you maintain or improve mobility.
I Will Just Start Tomorrow!
Stop procrastinating and start today – even if it is a 5 minute workout!
I Don’t Have the Self-Motivation!
- Our PregActive Tribe is there to support and motivate you.
- Commit to your weekly PregActive workouts.
- Book in a weekly session with personal trainer.
- Book in a monthly session with Dietitian.
- Join a local gym with a workout partner.
I Do Not Have A Healthy Mindset!
- Always consult your doctor before starting any new exercise program.
- Exercise can help reduce stress so that’s even more reason to start exercising.
- Often, the hardest part is starting!
- As you improve your health and fitness the more motivated you will become.
- Improving your health and fitness will also improve your mind!
- Keep it simple and start with a short workout of 10 minutes.
I am Too Busy Looking after My Family!
- Be active with your children when they go bike riding or playing at the park.
- If you have very small children, push their pram around your local park.
- Your deserve time to look after yourself!
- The healthier and happier you are the happier your family will be!
I Am Too Tired!
- Learn to prioritise your time and work out in the morning before you feel too tired.
- We all lead busy lives these days and exercising will help boost your energy levels.
- Exercise will also help improve your quality of sleep.
- Initially, exercising may make you feel tired but in the long run it will give you more energy to take on life.
I Have An Injury Preventing Me From Working Out!
- Work with your physio or doctor to identify forms of exercise you can do.
- PregActive workouts are low to non-impact so are much better than running.
- Swimming is a great form of exercise if you have to avoid high impact exercises.
- Seek medical advice from your doctor or physiotherapist.
I Just Don’t Like Exercise!
- The goal is to find an activity, sport or form of exercise you do enjoy.
- You do not have to exercise for an hour or more – start with a 20 minute workout.
- Our PregActive workouts add variety to keep you motivated and avoid boredom.
- Many women do not enjoy exercising or going to gyms so you are not alone.
- PregActive provides unique video workouts you can do in the comfort of your own home.
I’m Too Fat!
- Firstly, if you are excessively overweight consult your doctor for advice.
- Start with a simple 5 – 10 minute workout and progress form there.
- Even more reason and motivation to start exercising!
- Find your mental strength to lose weight and not give in!
I Can’t Afford A Personal Trainer!
1. If a PT is too expensive for you then join a group PT session.
2. Find a friend to exercise with you.
3. PregActive is designed to provide you with an affordable way to exercise.
I Can’t Afford Fitness Equipment
1. Buying fitness equipment for your home gym can be very expensive.
2. Walking and swimming are two cheap or affordable ways to exercise.
3. Our PregActive programs do not require expensive gym equipment.
Buying Healthy Food is Too expensive for Me!
1. Fruit and vegetables can be quite reasonably priced at your local market.
2. You don’t have to buy ‘healthy food’ at so-called expensive health food shops.
1. You are important so prioritise time for you.
2. Communicate this goal with your family so they know when you are exercising.
3. Set and then stick with your weight loss goal.
4. Remind yourself how important your weight loss goal is to your health and happiness.