Foods to Avoid When Pregnant
It is vital that you know what foods to avoid when pregnant for the safety of you and baby. While Listeria is uncommon you should still empower yourself with the knowledge of certain foods that you should not eat when pregnant.
The best foods to eat are freshly cooked or freshly prepared food. A vital component to our Healthy Eating Plan is identifying and knowing which foods you should avoid when pregnant.
Foods to Avoid When Pregnant Include:
- Ham and processed meats
- Soft-serve ice-cream
- Soft cheese, such as brie, camembert, fetta, cottage and ricotta.
- Pre-cooked diced chicken, the type you buy at delicatessens and sandwich shops.
- Cold, smoked and raw seafood, especially oysters.
- Self-service salad bars or packages salads, such as coleslaw and pasta salad.
- Unpasteurised milk.
- Raw or partially cooked eggs
- Energy drinks
- Some types of fish high in mercury.